Thursday, January 13, 2011

Evolution of a painting


One of the ways I stay connected to my painting journey is to give myself projects.
I have done this for years, but without being really consistent. Now my journey requires that I paint regularly and have something to show for it. It doesn't have to be GOOD, it just needs to BE.
For her birthday in October, I gave my niece an opportunity for a watercolor portrait.
We started this week with the photo shoot. Photo shoots are daunting (hence it took some time to get her into my studio) but usually they end up being fun.
I take up to 20 pics and then pick one. Once I receive a hard copy and blow it up a bit, I begin a preliminary drawing. After I play with that for a while, I recreate a light pencil drawing on my watercolor paper. Then the fun begins and I start to add color.

No comments:

Post a Comment