Monday, March 14, 2011

An Awesome Experience at the Unclad ART Show

On Saturday I drove to Stanwood with a friend to attend the opening day of the Unclad Art Show... Fine Art of the Figure. It was an amazing time for me. My painting was displayed in with a cluster of other small paintings, where it seemed to fit nicely. I still could not believe my painting had actually made it into the show and here I was one of the "artists". They gave me a little name tag to wear which designated me as a participant in the show... it was a little surreal.
The interesting thing about this show is that everyone gets really excited about it!!! It is very unique and so there is sort of a bonding of people who have made the show happen as well as those interested in it. I wish I had taken some pics... maybe when I go down again, the last day of the show I will take my camera.
Also, I ended up purchasing a piece from the show. It is art photography by Michael Seif. He does a lot of work with beautiful nude bodies swimming underwater. It is lovely and it is a conversation piece.

www.uncladart.com

4 comments:

  1. I just love how you loved this experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Maureen -

    From time to time I google myself and today I found my name on your blog! Thank you so much for your nice words about my work, and thanks especially for purchasing my photograph.

    I love to know who buys my work and also where it is hanging. If you could possibly photograph the photograph, with a little of its surroundings, and email it to me I would like to add it to my web page of "where are all the photos." It just includes the photo and the city or town where it is located - you can see what they look like here:
    http://web.mac.com/michaelseif/Michael_Seif_Photography/Where_Are_Photos.html

    My email is seif@erols.com

    Thanks again, and best wishes,

    Mike

    PS - Please let me know if you would like to be added to my email list of events related to my photographs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike,
      I just discovered you note on my blog... 2 months after you posted. So sorry I missed it. Interestingly I just moved your photo art to a new place in my home. I will send you pics of both places.
      Happy New Year.
      Maureen

      Delete